Sunday, January 8, 2012

Procrastination

I haven’t written a blog post in what feels like months.  I kept putting it off waiting for the perfect time or the perfect event.  I read about an Ultimate Blog Challenge and decided that it would be the kick in the pants that I needed.  The goal is to write 31 blog posts in 31 days – a post a day for the month of January.  Clearly, I haven’t been following the rules as we’re 8 days into January and this is my first post.  I plan on being right on track by tomorrow, so yes that means writing 8 posts today.  That’s right, for someone who’s been averaging 1-2 posts a month, I plan on writing 8 posts in a day.  No biggie.  That’s what I get for being a procrastinator. 

The reason why I chose to blog was not to be a writer or a ‘blogger’ per se, but to make sure that I do the things that I love.  I can’t remember the last time I cooked for fun or took out my Holga and SLR to take pictures.   All I do is work and sleep.  I am hoping that this challenge will get me used to taking the time to enjoy myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment