Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Great Grano Trattoria

It’s a beautiful thing making friends through friends.  After dinner at Grano Trattoria and a night out dancing, I can consider this girl a friend.  Nothing better than talking with friends over good food and drink.  When I walked in the side entrance, the aroma from the kitchen hit me immediately.  Too bad, I had a steak dinner (bacon-wrapped filet mignon and a baked potato) before coming. While everyone ordered their entrees, I ordered dessert.  The idea was to order two desserts, one while they ate their pasta and the other while they ate dessert. 

Originally, I had ordered the panna cotta and the tiramisu.  I started with the panna cotta and am glad I did.  I never had it before and all I knew about it was from the Food Network.  It was so rich and creamy, and the strawberry coulis was very fresh and not too sweet.  After eating the panna cotta and drinking a glass of Riesling, I was stuffed.  I was so full that I had to cancel the tiramisu. However, not so full as to not eat some chocolate hazelnut tart after my friend was done.  It was extremely rich, and the filling reminded me of a bittersweet ganache.

At dinner, we decided that this restaurant would be a nice place to go on a date because of the cozy atmosphere, the attentive waiters, and the good food.  The others ordered linguine with clams, pasta with sausage and tomato sauce, and a pizza.  All three dishes got rave reviews.  This will definitely be a place to return to, I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment