Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whoops.

I just realized that I hadn’t* put up a post in a week.  I should feel bad about that, but I don’t really.  I had some things to deal with that I haven’t quite resolved.  However, just because I haven’t been posting doesn’t mean I don’t have posts lined up.  I have a ton to write up, but have been putting off because I wanted to do some research to make an informed opinion.

I know, I know.  Who does research for a personal blog? Apparently, I do.  I guess once you’re an academic, you’re always an academic.  I can’t help it.  I read an article likening food abuse to cocaine (ab)use, but I’m not sold that the site is a reputable source.  I want to find out if there has really been a study on this before I write about it.

*I think it is funny that I tell my students in my writing class to not use contractions, and my posts are full of them.  We have been writing letters to friends, so I said it was okay, but that once we start writing essays they can no longer use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment