Thursday, January 12, 2012

A 10 Year Love Affair with Crumbs

I’m officially obsessed with Crumbs cupcakes.  Yes, I know I’m late on the cupcake bandwagon.  There’s probably some other new trendy cupcake place now.  But, my love affair with
Crumbs started a long time ago.  I remember being in the seventh grade and a girl brought in cupcakes for her birthday.  They were vanilla cupcakes with colored vanilla frosting that was piped on in swirls.  At the time, I had no clue where these cupcakes came from; all I knew was that they were delicious.  It wasn’t until now that I pieced together that they were from Crumbs.

Ten years later, I had my second Crumbs cupcake.  I decided to buy some cupcakes for the office last week as an after the holidays treat.  Of course, they were a big hit.  I’m pretty sure I earned some brownie points. (Pun definitely intended).  My cupcake of choice was Avalanche, a vanilla cupcake filled and frosted with vanilla frosting and covered in white chocolate shavings.  I very rarely like store-bought cakes but these I really enjoy. The cupcake was so huge that it took me 2 days to finish eating it.  I cannot wait to treat myself to Crumbs again.  I know which flavor I will be getting.  Hopefully, ten years won’t lapse between my next visit.

        

Avalanche
The Avalanche


No comments:

Post a Comment