Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Comforting Cauli

My grandmother used to make a roasted cauliflower dish that we all loved, but only got to have as a treat.  She would take a whole head of cauliflower, lightly steam it then smother it with ‘dijonaise’ and cheddar cheese, then roast it in the oven.  The smell was ridiculous.

I was thinking about this cauliflower since Sunday.  I finally made a quick after-work version of it.  I used frozen cauliflower and made it in the microwave.  It wasn’t quite the same, but it hit the spot.  Not the most healthful thing, but I did manage to put away a whole box of cauliflower. That’s 3.5 servings of vegetables I wouldn’t have had otherwise.  It was the perfect ending to a cold day.

Here’s the quick and easy recipe:
  •          10 oz frozen cauliflower
  •          2 heaping tbsp mayo
  •          1 tbsp mustard
  •          2 oz cheddar cheese

1. Combine mayo and mustard in bowl.
2. Add cauliflower and microwave for 3 minutes.
3. Stir and add cheddar cheese.  Microwave for 2-3 more minutes.
4. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment